The heart of Christian Duty is our devotion to one another. We at St. Mary's have any number of ways to reach out to those who need our love with Pastoral Care. The mission of Pastoral Care at St. Mary's is to make tangible God's love to those in and closely connected to our parish family, especially those in times of crisis and need. For more information on Pastoral Care ministries, please contact the Rev. Derrick Hill at 205-933-1140, ext. 110 or via email
- The Pastoral Care Committee meets weekly to review the parish prayer list and the known needs of the parish family. The committee also plans our responses to parishioner needs, including telephone calls, emails, meals, prayers, cards, and visits. Click here to add someone to the Parish Prayer List.
- The Stephen Ministry: A ministry of listening and of presence, Stephen Ministers care for those who have lost a job, are enduring the pain of divorce, grieving the loss of a loved one, or experiencing any kind of personal suffering.
- Hope on the Highlands: An open Alcoholics Anonymous meeting that gathers at St. Mary's twice a week: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6:00-7:00 pm in Randolph Memorial Hall.
- Alzheimer's Support Group: Meets on the first and third Thursday of each month at 2:00 pm in the Library, gatherings are facilitated by Betty Roberts from UAB Alzheimer's Program.
- The Guild of the Christ Child Designed to welcome our youngest members, the Guild of the Christ Child visits families with newborns. On behalf of the entire parish, the Guild offers a small present for the child and a dinner for the family.